The White Tigers- The long one

Welcome back, sorry to say its going to be a long one, instead of the the 8 game review I normally do, I got carried away and we now have 16 to go through now.

So lets start the long one:

FA Cup 4th Qual first up, against non league Billericay. I hate going up against non league teams as they always seem to give me grief, and this time there was no change, holding us to a 1-1 draw, Davis opened up the scoring for us after 16 minutes. They got the equalizer after 41 minutes due to Okoh, and after the the first half the second one didn’t have a highlight. So a replay at home it is

FA Cup 4th Qual Replay- Once again both teams lined up the same, except Neal was back after being rested for the first game. And boy was he well rested, smashing one in from close distance to give us the lead on the 53rd minute. But just like previously they equalized after 60 minutes through Will Evans. And with time ticking down we couldn’t break through, extra time beckoned, and my players being fitter seemed to do the trick, after subbing 2 of the midfield, they fed Neal wonderfully and he slotted two more to get a hatrick, one on the 103rd minute and the third on the 119th minute to see us through to the first round


Morecambe at home this time, just 3 days after the replay meant none of my players were really fully fit, and a goal by Adam Curry on the 22nd minute was enough to sink us in defeat.

Maidstone away next and we came with desire and Neal once again got a goal to his tally, after 13 minutes beating the goalie at his near post. Then a foul by Tancock awarded Maidstone with a penalty, which was dispatched with ease to make the game finish 1-1, yet another draw but still better then the previous loss.

Kidderminster away, a team I have always not been fond of playing up against. And this was no change with them taking the lead on the 26th minute through Andre Brown, and that is how it stayed.

The FA Cup 1st Round now against league 2 Gateshead, went into the tie remembering the success of last season and hoping we can repeat it, to at least callm our financial storm just a bit. But things started off badly and Brandon Barnes smashed one in for them in just 2 minutes, Moore followed him by doubling their lead on the 40th minute. Davies beat his man to cut the deficit to one on the 42nd minute, but we was unable to take a lead or rescue a draw and we crashed out exactly where the board expected us to.

Tranmere next, a fairly even match I thought and we was lucky to come away with a win, Tancock scoring on the 45+1 minute to give us the only goal of the game to snag us the 3 points we wanted.

Dover next and it only a two word for this one- BORE DRAW

Ebbsfleet away, and they took a early lead on the 19th minute to put themselves ahead, but luckily young Matt Jay took his chance beautifully on the 41st minute to claw it back before half time. And as the second half was coming to a close a half fought draw looked like it was on the cards, but oh no, Tancock slotted one in- shame it was our own goal and loosing us the game on the 80th minute.

Chester at home coming into the Christmas period. And after a slow and boring first half the second came out much better to watch, Whelan slotted one in for Chester on the 53rd minute. Followed 3 minutes later by his team mate Magloire getting sent off, we used this numbers advantage well, Neal scoring on the 73rd minute, Vicars then put one into his own net on the 84th minute. Tom Molyneux slid one in on the 90+3 to add to further insult to their injury.

Braintree away now, and a complete reversal from the previous match, we went behind after 8 minutes thanks to Williams, we then decided to gift them double the lead, Tancock own goal on the 41st minute. Neal tried his best and got us one back on the 60th minute, but Kendall put it out of reach completely on the 89th minute

Altincham at home now and a bore draw again, only highlight was Davis committing a foul and getting yellowed

Gosport in the FA Trophy, can we retain our Trophy??? We walked this match, we rarely looked like was was going to loose and with goals from Davis on the 12th min and Jay on the 75th we walked into the 2 round happily.

Aldershot at home, and again a draw, Neal cracking one in on the 38th minute, Waterfall then knocked one in on the 87th minute to deny us the 3 points.

Plymouth now and Matt Jay scored on the 28th minute to put us 1-0 up, and that was how the game stayed.

And the last game finally of this long update, so thank you if you got this far!!! Woking at their place and to me the result was unimportant, a 2-2 draw after we went 2-0 up through Lathrope and Greenslade. The more important news, rather disturbingly is that NEAL, Mr. Truro himself is injured now, strained knee ligaments means he is going to be out for the next 2 months. My heart is broken.

So we now enter the year of 2019, without our top scorer, sat 15th in the Vanarama National league, and waiting on a home draw against Vanarama North team Gloucester.


Thank you for reading this long one.

Leave a Reply