The Euro Trip- Episode 1

The Euro Trip- Episode 1

Welcome friends once again to the first proper update on the Euro Trip story.

Firstly with non football news- due to living 4-5 miles from the training ground it takes a while to walk, I have brought a bike!! Let me know what you think of it, will also save me the bus fare!

So far the friendlies have been played and the first 3 competitive matches, which includes a cup tie.

So before that gets looked at, Transfers!!

As stated in the previous episode one area that the team was weak was the left wing. So that is the first thing I went for.

And so after a great trail I am proud to introduce Jody Lynch. 27 years old 3 star player, with very solid physical attributes, with 13 acceleration, pace and stamina he will be a rocket along the wing. His weakest area is crossing and passing- which is already being worked on.

The next player in is Lee Lindsay, a 21 year old left back, at 2.5 star ability and a 5 star pa, he is already better then my best left back and with the correct work will be a solid choice at the back for a few years I believe.

And last in is Craig Gardiner, another left back, and will be Lindsay’s back up not bad player but low determination and concentration really let him down.

First match

So here is the first competitive match of my career, away from home playing Lisburn Distillery (mmmmm beer….) We were dominating the first half and peppering their goal with shots but could we break through? Nope and at half time we went in all tied, after a assertive team talk the team came back out looking determined. And once again we were dominate, as still peppering their goal, on came a sub on the 65th minute, Nathan Jones coming off for Halliday coming on to lead the line. With time running out it was looking like it would end a bore draw. From a throw in from Gibson on the right wing, passing to Jackson who played a lovely 1-2 pass back to Gibson, played a beautiful through ball straight to the feet of Roy, who one touched it to slide it into the bottom right corner to give us the lead, with only 12 minutes left. A super goal from our shadow striker giving us the only goal of the game to give us the 3 points and my first win. And when I said that we was dominate we had 60% possession, and 29 shots to their 5. But a win is a win and a great start to the season.

Cup Time!

So time to play a cup game, the Northern Ireland League Cup First round, we are expected to reach the 3rd round. And our opponent is Queen’s University Belfast. After 21 minutes they got a break through a lovely chipped cross allowing Laverty to head the ball over the goal keeper. Then after a aggressive shout the team seemed to start trying to play football and 6 minutes later we got the equalizer, Murphy passing the ball into the center of the penalty area to Jones, to dinked it to his left, straight into the path of the incoming Roy who smashed it across the goal into the bottom left corner. And into half time at 1-1 hoping we can make our dominance into a result. Nothing happening in the second half, 12 shots to their 3. 66th minute comes and still no goal so off came Keenan and on came Bright to give the midfield a boost. So with time running out, 3 minutes off added time to give us the chance to get the win. 15 seconds left on the clock and a corner to us, our last chance to score, Roy takes the corner kick, floating into Smith a few yards away from the near post who volleys the ball which rockets under the diving goal keeper and gives us the lead!!! The defender saved our butts and we go on through to the second round of the cup.

Game 2

Moyola Park visit us at home, and we got off to a flying start, Bright passed finding Smith in space in inside the box and rocketing the ball into the net. Then after a load more pushing when we had the ball, a foul on the 20th minute from 30 yards out, Jackson to take it and he smacked it over the wall and straight into the middle of the goal, clipping the crossbar and over the goal keeper to make it 2-0. 2 minutes later and we conceded a foul, luckily our wall blocked it, Lynch picked up the loose ball, taking half the way down the left wing before slotting it into the edge of the box to Roy, who promptly squared it off to Jones who just slid it in, the goal keeper never even reacted till after it hit the net to put us 3-0 up on the 22nd minute. And that was how the match stayed.

So 3 matches played and a very good start to my managerial career.
My next update for this save we will return at the end of September. Can I keep the run going at get us a lead at the top of the table? Thanks for reading!!!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply